Sunday, August 8, 2010

Success?

This world tells you to make as much money as you can. Why? Because that is the only definition of success. I'm sure doctors are thinking about how much money they're making every second while a patient is dying. Or that cops are thinking about money when a situation becomes tense. We all know that the insurance adjusters are probably thinking about money when you file a claim (haha!). What is your definition of success?

The Bible makes it clear that God's definition of success is beyond money. He tells us to store our treasures in heaven, not on this earth where moth and rust destroy. Money is clearly not our most important asset, since we can't take it with us. So what are we supposed to store in heaven? What are we supposed to call success?

We will see people on this earth who are all about getting more and more money and we call them selfish. We see people trying to step on other people's heads to get where they want to be in life. I've professionally seen people who are threatened by someone half their age and twice as good. The more you do for money, the more regrets you will have.

My definition of success is based on how much I do, not for myself. Did I talk to everyone I could about God? Did I care when someone needed me to? Did I live what I believe? In my final hour, did I think about money?

No comments:

Post a Comment